Single Christian’s Woman Challenge Day 29. Click here to see all the days in the month. Today’s challenge is.
Alone, but Not Lonely
Prepare a loneliness kit for those days when you just feel all alone. Ideas of what to include:
As a single woman sometimes you feel lonely. Your see your friends traveling around with their significant others, you are bridesmaids in yet another wedding, or another “engaged” Facebook status is posted from one of your friends. It is very easy to feel like you are never going to be a relationship. That is why it is good to keep everything in perspective.
Here are a few things to help you do just that.
Remember things you have accomplished.
This is a big one for me and it reminds me to keep things into perspective. It makes me realize that I was not put on this Earth for the sole purpose of a relationship. Looking at my degrees and other accomplishments in life reminds of a greater purpose. If you do not have any accomplishments then now would be a good time to get some. You can go back to school or do something with yourself so that you don’t feel like you are just sitting around, wasting away, doing nothing. The more things you do to uplift yourself, the less time you have to feel sorry for yourself.
Bible verses that remind you that you are not alone
I am a Christian and therefore I never feel alone (read my blog here on that). God is always with you and He knows you better than you know yourself. So you can always talk to Him about your troubles, your fears, and everything in between. Know that God will make you feel better about your loneliness and whatever else you are going through. Some of my favorite Bible stories to read are in the case of loneliness are
- The Book of Esther
- The Book of Ruth
- The story Jacob and Rachel
- The Story Rebecca and Isaac.
It is constant reminder that God orders our steps. In each of these stories it shows how God was working behind the scenes, even through the bad times, to orchestrate something great. And it was through the bad times that God allowed for each person to step into their destiny. Esther met the King, Ruth Met Boaz, and Jacob met Rachel. So no matter how lonely you feel, remember God is still in control of everything.
Click here to read my recommendation on books that all women should read, especially when they find themselves getting dragged in relationships time and time again. Other notable books to read for women who are waiting are:
- Finally the bride
- Remember the Roses How to Hold Out, Hang On, and Marry the Man of Your Dreams
- The Wait
These were all women who got married over 30 and they waited on God’s time. Two of them were virgins when they got married.
Your Favorite Movie
This is rather morbid of me, but I like movies that are historically true and are very sad to watch. It reminds me that there are worse things than being single. When you think of historical events such as the holocaust, the civil war, or where good people die at the end of movies. It really puts things into perspective that your life is not that bad.
If watching depressing movies do not float your boat then I recommend watching something that makes you laugh or a good love story.
Your vision board
If you want to see my vision board for the year you can click here. A vision board is a great way to map out your goals and where you want to go in life. It is a constant reminder of the direction you want to go so that you do not get stuck in one place. It is a visual aid that you can look at every day and see your progress as well as the progress you still need to make. Vision boards remind you to always work toward something and to never remain stagnant. If you want to be married put that on you vision board as well as the traits that you want your man to have. That way no matter how lonely you get, you are reminded to never settle.
Letters & notes, Cards you have saved
This is going to sound strange but I have saved so many notes, cards, and journals. Even from when I was like 14 years old. You can click here for the blog, a letter to my younger self. I was intense. Reading past journals makes me realize how much I have grown and I am not the person that I used to be. Reading about all of my past relationships or reading cards for past boyfriends reminded me that everyone has a reason and season in life. I can remember I thought I would end up with someone of them but now I see that none of them were right for me. Reading past notes and letters reminds you that the moment you are in now is just one season of your life and seasons come and go. With each season comes new opportunities and blessing, and therefore it is no need to get stuck in a dry season in your life.
Which brings me to my next point. Your journal
When you are lonely write how you feel down, and then in a year or two come back and read it and you will see how extra you were being. I can recall some of my entries from the past were so excessive, that I thought the world was over. But the world was not over, really the things I was worried about was no big deal. Time does heal all wounds. That is why important to always write is down what is going on in your life so that when you are in a better place you can see that everything gets better with time.
In Case You Missed It:
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With