Today is the Single Christian Woman Challenge Day 24. Click here to see all the days.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 24: On Your Own
Spend the day doing something on your own. Go to the movies. Take a walk. Spend the day shopping. Explore your town. Don’t invite anyone to go with you. Just spend the day the way you want to.
I have already done a post on how to spend time on your own (click here to see it). I have also done a post on how to go out alone (click here to see it). This post is about how to travel alone. If you want to do something on your own, then why not do it big! Take a solo trip and do something that you really want to do without worrying about other people.
To prepare for your trip.
First you want to figure out where you are going. It is not as easy as it seems. You actually want to research! Do they have a high crime rate? Do people have a habit of going there and never being seen or heard from again? If so, you may not want to go somewhere like that alone. The last thing you want to do is get kidnapped. Once you decided on a place, tell people where you are going. That way in case something bad happens, people can tell the police your last known whereabouts.
Enough with the morbid stuff. The next preparation you want to make for your trip is you want to see and how you are going to get around. If you are not driving and do not want to rent a car, the last thing you want is to be stuck in your room with no way to get anywhere. Make sure they have things within walking distance or you can take an Uber. Make a list of places you want to go to and research those places to ensure they are still in business and you have a way to get there.
Also make sure to look at the weather. I seriously doubt you want to go somewhere in the middle of tornado season. This will also help you pack. You do not want to wear shorts when the expected temperature is 50F. If you are lost in sauce and you have no idea where you want to go. I will shoot out some ideas to help you decided.
Rent a Cabin
If you really want it to be a solo trip and not really be bothered by anyone, you can try renting a cabin in the woods or the mountains. If you are really want to tough it out then you can actually go camping with a tent and everything. You can also find cabin rentals online or you can check state or county parks as they often rent out cabins and camping groups and are more affordable.
For places to visit in the mountain or national parks:
- Smokey Mountains
- Grand Canyon
- Rocky Mountains
The beach can be an isolated location or a place to meet people depending on where you want to go. If you choose a resort in a major tourist area then expect a more crowded beach. If you chose a private beach home rental or a more secluded resort then you can walk on the beach on your own without having to bump into people.
Some beach ideas you want to go to:
- Ocean City Beach Maryland
- South Beach
- The Outer Banks
- The Caribbean
- Myrtle Beach
- Venice Beach
If you want to be worry free and ready to mingle, then you can try an all-inclusive deal. All inclusive means that you can eat as much as you want or drink as much as you want and it is included. These types of deals are normally at resorts. Which can be good because typically these types of resorts have parties and other activities you can do on site. Which makes your trip easier to plan.
A cruise is also a good worry free planning option and also very safe too. The ship keeps track of when you exit and return on the boat. So if something happens to you they are aware right away. Many cruises are somewhat all inclusive which means that food is included but you usually have to pay for drinks. It is also a great way to meet people as there are many on ship activities and you get to book off shore excursions as well. Plus you are not staying in one place and it gives you the chance to see many locations on one trip.
I cannot stress enough to be careful when you are international. Research the place you are going to make sure you are not stepping into somewhere that is in the middle of a war or something. But international travel can be wonderful and beautiful solo. Some places that I recommend are:
I know this list is limited but they are known to be pretty safe. And even in this countries like France, they had a recent terrorist attack. So you can never be too careful. And also be aware of where the embassy is, in the county you are visiting.
Here are some wonderful resources to book you solo vacation:
AirBnB– This is an option for all budgets. It is where people rent out there homes to you from all over the world, and you stay in their home while on vacation.
Groupon– If you are looking for any type of deal. No matter if it is all inclusive, cabins, beaches, no matter what; they always have them listed. So if you do not know where you want to visit I recommend going to them first and getting the latest deal.
Trip Advisor– Before you stay anywhere or before you go anywhere, research wherever you can going on Trip Advisor. They are honest reviews from real life people, that way you know what you are getting in to.
In case You missed it.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date