Join Sophie-stication Nation
Queen Esther has to be one of the baddest women in the Bible. If you really study her, she is someone that you will come to admire. For today’s challenge in the first day of the single woman’s challenge, I will be to look at Queen Esther.
But before we get started, let me outline what the single woman’s challenge is. I saw a single’s woman’s challenge on another blog and felt inspire to do my own rendition of it. Click here to check out that blog.
Today (Day 1) challenge is
Day 1: Life Verse
Find a Bible verse that speaks to you and make it your life verse. Focus on having it memorized by then end of the 30 days. Post it where you can see it every day. Journal about it. Be creative with it. Why did you choose that verse? What does it mean to you? How does it give you strength? Or how does it give you direction?
As soon as I heard this challenge, I immediately though of Queen Esther. And how her becoming queen seem so accidental, but yet it was so calculated.
Check out this Bible Verse
When the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his own daughter, to go in to the king, she asked for nothing except what Hegai the king’s eunuch, who had charge of the women, advised. Now Esther was winning favor in the eyes of all who saw her. Esther 2:15
I particularly love the end of the verse with explained how Queen Esther won favor in all of those who saw her. If you read the Bible then we know Esther was an orphan who became queen. A true Cinderella story indeed. But I can recall as I read, the end of this verse how Esther won favor in all those who saw her, pulled out a different meaning for me.
There was a lot of virgins who were gathered to possibly be queen and it was a long shot that Esther would be chosen. But the thing that set her apart was that people liked her, she was a good person, and everyone who encouraged her remembered her.
Queen Esther was not fake, backstabbing, conniving, rude, or cold hearted. She was a women who people loved to be around and for that the king chose her.
The book of Esther is such a short book. I think we all imagine that Esther chose some items came into the king’s chamber, they slept together, and he chose her to be queen. But I like to think that it was more than that. Since when can sex win over a man? Who is to say that the king had not heard of Esther before he even met her? She won favor of everyone around her including Hegai the one who was in charge of all the virgins.
While Esther was walking around being herself impressing everyone. I am sure there was talk around the castle about who this woman was. What a great woman she was, and how she would be great for the king. Even Hegai who had been living in the palace and knew the king, advised Esther on what to take with her as she would spend the night with the king.
This brings me to the important point of why I love this verse so much. If you are so busy being a good person then you never know who you may meet along the way. And you never know who will help you along the way. You do not have to pretend to be someone else or be the stereotypical evil back stabbing woman to get ahead. Just be you, and through being you, you will go to places that you never thought possible.
Have you every heard of how your reputation can proceed you? When you show people your true self and maintain a good reputation then people will be willing to help you just as Hegai helped Esther. People will fall in love you with and sing your praises to others. And just like Esther your King may catch wind of you and want to get to know you, because of the wonderful things that he has heard about you.
You reputation should precede you, but in a good way. Can you imagine how this story could have been different if Esther was a cold hearted hateful human being? The king would not have been attracted to her, he just got rid of a defiant queen (Vashti) so why would he want another woman that is going to cause him problems.
The key point of this verse, is that you never know who is watching you. You never know if those people who are watching you will tell other people good things about you or tell other people how crazy you are. And other people’s opinion of you could bring you a king, a promotion, a job, an opportunity OR it can have the adverse effects and make you lose out on all of the above. Food for thought.
Check out the Other Single Woman’s Challenge for the Month
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman