Today is the Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Click here to see all the days.
Today’s Challenge is. Day 27: Memories
Create a new memory today. What is something you have always wanted to do but have been putting off doing? Buy a new picture album and start filling it with happy memories.
Today was the day that I took my son to swim class, guitar lessons, and then we went to the movies and while watching the movies we ordered a crap load of food. You may be wondering what this has to do with memories and I will tell you. I can recall that there use to be a time that I felt that I had to wait until I was in a relationship to start enjoying life. But then I realized that being single is not some death sentence. It does not mean that I have to sit in the house all day, doing nothing, wondering where my prince charming is.
If you are that single woman that I just mentioned above, then you have to know that wallowing in self pity is no way to live life. Stopping your life because you feel that you have no significant other to share your life with is crazy. As a single mother I feel like I am rather lucky in that regard. I go out with my son. We go out to eat, go out to the movies, I can always find good company in him. In fact I have many trips planned for us this summer. They range from going to Universal Studios for his birthday to getting a cabin in the woods for a weekend AND I also plan to take some trips alone.
I am not recommending that anyone become a single mother to cure their loneliness, but what I am saying is that if you are single and lonely you have to live your life. You cannot sit and wait for a man before you start experiencing life. What if that relationship never happens? What if it happens 10 years from now? Then you will wonder why you wasted all of this time, doing nothing, while you were waiting for a man to enter your life.
I know because I have been there. I can recall telling myself that I would like to eat at a certain restaurant when I had a boyfriend knowing that there was no boyfriend in sight. I told myself that I would like to travel or go camping when I get married knowing that there was no possibility of a husband in sight. This type of thinking lead to a lot of waiting. I was waiting for a man to do things that I really wanted to do. And when that man did not come, I got upset and all depressed. I looked at other people’s relationships via social media and saw them doing all sorts of things, taking couples pictures, and changing their Facebook status to engaged (click here to see why you should not be jealous of other people relationships on social media). But then I realized that either I could live life or I could sit and stalk social media, and watch other people live their lives.
You only get one life. The moment that you are in right now you will only live once. I remember when I came to the conclusion that every moment is precious, I refuse to let life pass me by. Even if I do not mark off everything on my bucket list then at least I can say that I tried or I came close. I also feel that you never know what may happen when you live life. Maybe in that moment you may meet Mr. Right or a new opportunity may present itself. You never know what a new day may bring when you put yourself out there. No opportunity is ever going come to you sitting in your house staring at the wall all day.
If you are a single mother spend time with your kids. Spend time making memories with them and making their life great. Get together with other single moms, make play dates, takes trips together, do something! You can also get together with other friends and take a girls friends trip (see blog here for ideas on a grown and sexy girls night out) and create memories together.
The point is that even as a single woman you can still live your life in a variety of ways. Even if you are alone, you can create memories alone:
See my blogs here on how to spend time alone:
- Traveling Alone To Baltimore Harbor. My First Solo “Stay-cation”
- How To Go Out Alone and Not Feel Awkward About It.
- The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Tips for Traveling On Your Own
So create a bucket list and start knocking things off one thing at a tome. Do not let your singleness be your depression. Do not let your loneliness be your defeat. Chose to live your life and create memories of your own. With or without a man.
In Case you missed it.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With