Join Sophie-stication Nation
Easy Ways To Make Friends Online
Today is Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 21. Click here to see the whole month.
Today’s Challenge is
Day 21: Get social.
Join or start some sort of social group. It could be a book club, sports, photography group, hiking, etc. Whatever you are interested in find a group and get social.
I also know that there are some extreme introverts out there who do not want to go in public to meet people or you may have just moved and you do not know anyone. This is where the world wide web comes in because it has made it easier than ever to make friends online, and you can do it for FREE!
So Here Are A Few Easy Ways To Make Friends Online
There are Facebook groups for almost anything. If you are a mom, a single woman, or if you are breathing you can probably find a Facebook group that you can join and relate to other people. Facebook groups are good if you want to relate to someone online and some of them are closed so you can actually connect on a personal level and not worry about other people reading your every conversation.
Online forums are like Facebook groups in the sense that you can find a forum for anything that you are interested in. If you contribute to the forum then you can really socialize with some new people online. Some of my favorite online forums are.
Lipstick Alley: Don’t judge me, this is mostly women coming together to talk about anybody and anything. And they have every topic imaginable, some people there are little nuts. But I still love the site.
Pinky Promise: This is an online forum BUT they have local chapters where people meet up in person. This is a good option if you are looking to make friends online and off line. The forum is focused on single Christian women.
This is the easiest and obvious choice at the fact that you go on the site, enter your zip code, and find a group that you are interested in. Each group has “meet ups” posted and you can attend them in person. Once again there is a meet up for everything. Whatever interest you have, even if it is staring at a candle in the dark fetish, they probably have a meet up for that. You can even sign up for a speed dating meet up, they have a lot of them if you are searching for a romantic connection.
If you are really looking at taking your internet connections off line there are a few ways to do that as well.
Places To Stay Away from
I would stay away from getting social on Craigslist. It just comes across as a little creepy to me. There are sex traffickers on Craigslist and let’s not forget there was a serial killer on Craigslist. So I would not even chance it.
Creepy people who send creepy emails claiming to be royalty AND asking you to send them money. This may seem like common sense but some people want to make a connection so bad that they are willing to believe anything. When they see an email of a royal princess that can give them a million dollars if they only pay $10,000…..they do it. It has gotten so complex that they actually “make a connection” with this person over phone or email. This way it is easier for the person to scam you out of you money….don’t fall for it.
In case You Missed It
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
No Matter How Pretty You Think You Are, There Is Always Someone Prettier & No Matter How Good You Think You Are There is Always Someone Better.
How To Let Go of The Past And Not Let It Ruin Your Future.
7 Spiritual Lessons from The Alchemist That I Learned
Great Women of the Bible For Single Women Can Learn From
5 Ways To Stay Positive When Your Feeling Depressed