Today is the Day 15 of the Single Christian Woman’s challenge. Click here to see all the days.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 15: Stranger Danger?
Start a conversation with a stranger. Reach out to someone you don’t know, and possibly make a new friend.
If you are anything like me then you friends come in cycles. There are some friends that are friends for life. There are also some friends that are meant for a season and you grow you grow out of them. So if you are struggling to meet new people OR are struggling to meet like minded people then here are some tips on where you can meet them.
Meet up is pretty popular. The good thing about Meet Up is that you can meet people based on a common interest. You can go to a single’s meet up, a single woman’s over 30 meet up, a fashion meet up, art meet up, or any meet up you want. And it is free to sign up. So if you want to meet people like yourself with a common interest, Meet up is one of the best places to start.
Happy Hour (And go alone).
Go to a happy hour that is popular and go alone. It can be hard to meet new people if you already have a crowd of people hovering around you. Instead go to happy hour alone and sit at the bar. You will be amazed at how many people would randomly strike up a conversation with you because they are sitting at the bar alone too. A disclaimer that I must put in there, is go to a happy hour that is popular. I once when to a happy hour of a new place AND I was the only person in the entire place. I did not meet new people. I was left looking all lonely and what not. Not a good look.
A popular blogger, Heather Lindsey, invented a group of like-minded Christian women called Pinky Promise.
Their goals is:
“A promise to honor God with your body and your life. To refuse to give your body to anyone that hasn’t paid the price for you called marriage. It’s a promise to stay pure before God in EVERY single way. It’s a promise that says, I won’t test the boundaries in my relationship to see how far I can push it sexually–but instead–I want God to have my heart.”
This is an amazing group that is online AND you can find your local chapter and attend meetings there. It is a great way to speak to other like minded Christian women with common goals in mind.
The Blog Jet Set Babe has some awesome tips on how to meet people while you’re traveling alone. Also you can click here to see my blog here to see my staycation and how easy it was to meet people. To make it easy, go to a high tourist spot, stay at a popular hotel that is known for tourist and go around and tour the city. You can go to bars, museums, or to the beach. Just get out and about and you are bound to run into new people. Running into new people while traveling is amazing because they can turn you on to all of the places to go and visit while you are in town and are more than willing to show you around.
Some people do not like to hang out with people at work. I would not recommend hanging out with supervisors or people that are over you at the job. That can be a little weird and the relationships can translate into the work place which can cause all type of issues. But try hanging a fellow co-worker that you have something in common with. Some of my best relationships to this day came from people that I met at work.
In case you missed it:
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk