Join Sophie-stication Nation
The Christian’s Girls Guide To Unplugging from Social Media
Today is Christian Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. To see the whole month click here.
Day 17: Unplug
Spend the entire day away from social media. If it is the weekend, turn off your phone. No Facebook. No Twitter. No Instagram. Do something creative. Read a book. Exercise. Spend the day with family or friends.
In the day of social media and the internet it can be hard to unplugging from social media. On any given day I am on my phone, watching TV, and on the computer ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Sometimes we get so consumed in the internet and worrying about what is going on, on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter that we forget to actually live our lives. As a Christian I have learned that it is in the quiet places, when you are still, and not consumed with the things around you that God can talk to you. That is why it is important to cut out all the other influences of social media and actually listening to the holy spirit (see blog here).
So Here is The Christian’s Girls Guide To Unplugging from Social Media
Go Camping or rent a Cabin that does not have the internet of TV
Some ideas for going camping or renting a cabin include having a fire at night and roasting some smores. Going hiking or walking on the nature trail. Some sites even have on site activities like a water park, pool, lake, or zip lining you can participate in. And the fact that there is no Wi-Fi or internet takes away all of the temptation to get plugged into the internet. And as an added bonus since you are in natural it would be a good idea to go on a prayer walk (see my blog here) as well.
Spend Time In Meditation or Journaling.
How can you ever hear yourself think if you always have a distraction going on around you? Often times it is good to hear your own thoughts and write down how you feel. Social media and the internet can convolute our emotions because someone else is always putting something on social media which effects our own thoughts. The best way for me to talk to God is to actually write down my thoughts and me feelings and then write down God’s response to what I am writing. An added bonus to this is that you can always come back and read it again and again for encouragement and inspiration.
Spend time with God.
“But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then you’re Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” Matthew 6:6
I do not feel that you literally need to go into a closet in pray. I mean you can if you want but is not necessary. The bigger point is get to yourself without any people or distractions around you and just pray and talk to God, focus on building a relationship with Him. You may receive clarity on what He wants you to do in this season of your life since you are not distracted.
“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.” Proverbs 31:10
The thing about rubies is that they are really pretty and shiny. So if you want to consider yourself a ruby I see nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. I used to get my nails done, a pedicure, and my hair done all in one day. Which would pretty much take up the whole day. Before I became a mom. But even now I do try to take care of myself. Your body is a temple, right? So you mind as well take care of it. You can go to the spa, get a massage, or a facial. It will help you relax and it is also good for your body. You can also have a spa day at home (click here on my blog about how to have a spa day at home).
You can find a good book to read, that will actually improve and help you. I would skip out on the erotica and maybe find a good Christian book to read. One in which it will actually help you grow spiritually. I have a few suggestions on really good spiritual books that I love to read.
- Battlefield of the Mind
- Dream Giver
- The Shack
- The Alchemist (see my blog here to view it from a Christian perspective).
- God Where is my Boaz
- The Bible (click my blog here on great Bible’s for women).
- You can also check out my blog here for the top books to read for single women.
Post contains affiliate links
In Case You Missed It.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
How To Reach Out To An Old Friend On Social Media
Becoming a Friend of God. How To Hear From God. When You Talk To God He Talks Back.
4 Lessons We Can All Learn From Mike Pence’s Marriage
What I Don’t Want In a Man Are These Common Bad Boy Traits
Chasing Men Is a Sign Of A Desperate Woman. Make Him Chase You