Join Sophie-stication Nation
In today’s challenge I will write a letter to God from a single woman’s perspective.
This is Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 7. If you want to see all of the days of the challenge click here.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 7: Write it down.
Write a letter to the Lord about being single. Tell Him about the hurts you feel as well as what you like about being single. Ask Him to heal your hurts and help you find contentment in this current season, and thank Him for the lessons you are learning through being single.
Writing can be therapeutic and for me. I personally like writing a letter to God over anything else because I feel it is an easy way for him to respond to my prayers. And as an added bonus, you can keep the letter and refer back to it at a later time. As consistent with the single’s woman challenge today’s blog is my letter to God as a single woman.
Without further delay here is my letter to God:
I am in my 30’s and single. I never thought I would be single and never married at 32. I always thought that marriage was right around the corner. I am attractive, educated, and have a good personality. So I felt like I could find a husband in no time. But that did not happen.
You (God) taught me that a woman trying to find a husband is never a good idea. There was a time when I was single that I would sit and be sad, literally all day long over the fact that I am not married yet. And remain in relationships that I had no business being in, I would get mad when the relationship didn’t work out, knowing that I had no business being in those relationships anyway.
As I get older and with your (God) wisdom I have learned better. I have learned that life is not all about being married. Although marriage is a joy, I am sure that you (God) did not put me on this Earth for the sole purpose of finding a husband. I have learned that I have other talents and gifts that I can utilize in order to help serve you (God) better.
As a 32 year old single woman with no prospects in sight, I can admit that I still have fears. I have fears that I will never be married, I have fears that I will be 50 when I get married (which I don’t want), I have a fear that I will not have any more children, and I am afraid that if I never get married then I will have to grow old and die as a single woman.
But with all of my fears, I learned that I cannot make anything happen any sooner than it is supposed to. I cannot make something happen if it is not meant to happen, and the past times when I did try to make it happen I only made things worse. Although, this may sound morbid; I have learned that not all single women get the traditional “happy ending” of marriage. Not only have I accepted that but I have also learned that it does not mean that my life is doomed for all eternity. It just means that marriage may not be in the cards for me and I have learned to be okay with that. If there is anything that past relationships have taught me is that
What I am grateful for is my son. Although I am a single mother I am grateful, I have the chance to be a mother, have a mini-family of my own, and in the future grandchildren even if I never get married. If there is anything lesson that you (God) has taught me, it is that you can only take one day at a time. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. And so I have to live today for today. I cannot put my life on hold or sulk in depression until I met a husband. I want to live my life and pursue my dreams with a passion now, and I pray to the Lord that you give me the strength, guidance, and wisdom to do that.
Maybe it is not the letter to God that one expects to read from a single 32 year old woman. But I have sulked, cried, been upset and prayed for a husband AND nothing happened. I am not saying that prayer does not work, but I am saying that it was not my time. I learned that being upset of what I do not have will out weight the wonderful things I do have. And it will keep me standing still in one place instead of moving forward in the other areas of my life.
If you are a single Christian woman do not be afraid to write a letter to God. Your letter may not be as tolerant as mine. You may want to yell and scream and God in anger and frustration. But it is okay, vent to God because that is what He wants (see my blog here). God makes us all different and He knows how we feel and what type of people we are. I can say that I have written several letters in the past to God about my singleness, some of them angry, some sad, and some accusatory toward God. But I have grown and decided that I will learn to trust God in all things and no that if you are single and frustrated he does have a plan for you.
You can also Check out my Video Advice To Single Women In their 30’s, Who Want to Get Married.
In case you missed it.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
Charlie Sheen has HIV!
Make Up Review of The Kylie Cosmetics Vixen Bundle Holiday Collection #MakemeupMonday
Pigmented Eye shadows Juvia’s Place Nubian 2 Palette and Masquerade Palette Review and Swatches
Low Self Esteem and Relationships Just Don’t Mix
The Perks Of Being Single, You Can Choose To Be Single And Happy.