Join Sophie-stication Nation
What is a Prayer Walk and How To Do It.
Today is day 14 of the Single Christian Woman’s Challenge. Click here to see all the days.
Today’s Challenge is
Day 14: Prayer Walk
Go on a prayer walk and pray for the people in your neighborhood.
In case you are not aware of what a prayer walk is. It is exactly as it sounds. It is where you walk around and pray for people or situations as God directs you. I do not think that a prayer walk has to be defined to just walking in your neighborhood. It can be anything that you want it to be. Here are some ways to go on a prayer walk.
Walk around and pray for trouble family or individuals.
For example, there may be someone in your neighborhood that has lost a child recently or every time you see them they are mean or depressed. Just simply walk by their house and pray for them. You DO NOT need to knock on the door and attempt to pour holy water on them. Just walk by and pray, that is it.
Walk around your neighborhood, job, school, or community and pray for its safety.
People are crazy now a days. You never know when someone in your community may become a victim of a massive shooting. So pray for your community’s safety as oppose to just praying for an individual person. You may walk around an elementary school and pray for the student’s safety. But just a general warning, do not do this during school hours or get too close to the school while kids are playing outside. The last thing you want is for someone to call the cops thinking that you are scoping out the school because you are a kidnapper or something. But you can do it on the weekends or after the school closes.
Take a walk in nature and pray for whatever comes to mind.
You can go to a park or a natural setting and just say whatever prayers are on your mind. Sometimes getting out in a natural setting can be very peaceful. In fact you do not even have to walk. You can set up a blanket, bring some food and your Bible and have a prayer “picnic.”
Prayer walk inside your house.
Why not? You live there. I see nothing wrong with walking around areas of your home and asking God to bless it and keep it safe.
Take a prayer walk where you know people are in need.
You can take a prayer walk around in areas when you know there are homeless people, an area that has a high crime rate, or a high drug usage area. I also believe in safety, so your prayer walk may be a prayer drive by. You can drive by in your car and pray or can find a safe area and sit in your car and pray as well.
Pray for yourself.
Do not get so busy praying for other people that you forget to pray for yourself.
Prayer is always a good thing no matter how you choose to do it. It can be as creative as you like. Happy Prayer Walking.
In case you missed it.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
Aesthetica Contour Kit Review- Brow Contour Kit, Lip Contour Kit, Cream and Powder Contour Kit #MakeupMonday
Great Women of the Bible For Single Women Can Learn From
Blessed Are The Meek. What Does That Really Mean?
5 Conversations You Should Be Having Before You Get Engaged.
Never Give A Boyfriend, Husband Benefits. Why Would He Buy The Cow When He Can Get The Milk For Free?