Today is day 14 of the Single Christian Woman’s Challenge. Click here to see all the days.
Today’s Challenge is
Day 14: Prayer Walk
Go on a prayer walk and pray for the people in your neighborhood.
In case you are not aware of what a prayer walk is. It is exactly as it sounds. It is where you walk around and pray for people or situations as God directs you.
I do not think that a prayer walk has to be defined to just walking in your neighborhood. It can be anything that you want it to be. Here are some tips on how to have a successful prayer walk:
Walk around and pray for trouble family or individuals. For example, there may be someone in your neighborhood that has lost a child recently or every time you see them they are mean or depressed. Just simply walk by their house and pray for them. You DO NOT need to knock on the door and attempt to pour holy water on them. Just walk by and pray, that is it.
Walk around your neighborhood, job, school, or community and pray for its safety. People are crazy now a days. You never know when someone in your community may become a victim of a massive shooting. So pray for your areas safety as oppose to just praying for an individual person. You may walk around an elementary school and pray for the student’s safety or something like that. But just a general warning, do not do this during school hours or get too close to the school while kids are playing outside. The last thing you want is for someone to call the cops thinking that you are scoping out the school because you are a kidnapper or something. Choose to do it on the weekends when the school is empty and you would not draw suspicion.
Take a walk in nature and pray for whatever comes to mind. You can go to a park or a natural setting and just say whatever prayers are on your mind. Sometimes getting out in a natural setting can be very peaceful. In fact you do not even have to walk. You can set up a blanket, bring some food and your Bible and have a prayer “picnic” or something.
Prayer walk inside your house. Why not? You live there. I see nothing wrong with walking around areas of your home and asking God to bless it and keep it safe.
Take a prayer walk where you know people are in need. You can take a prayer walk around in areas when you know there are homeless people, an area that has a high crime rate, or a high drug usage area. I also believe in safety, so your prayer walk may be a prayer drive by. You can drive by in your car and pray or can find a safe area and sit in your car and pray as well.
Prayer is always a good thing no matter how you choose to do it. It can be as creative as you like. Happy Prayer Walking.
In case you missed it.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media