There are great women of the Bible for single women to admire. So today is Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 5. You can click here to get the full list of days from the Barn Princess Blog.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 5: Bible Study
Join a Bible study in your neighborhood or online.
As a single woman I know it can be daunting being single. But whenever I feel this way I love to study great women of the Bible, because there is a lesson that all single women can learn from these Biblical women. So to guide your Bible study during this challenge I have compiled a list of women of the Bible that all single women need to study. You can also click my blog here for more women from the Bible to look at for success.
Check out Women of the Bible For Single Women Can Learn From
Women of the Bible ~ Esther
It is my opinion that we can all be Esther. We can all find our King. As you read the book of Esther I want you to take away these three important lessons and think about how it can shape your single woman’s journey.
- Esther gain favor with all those who saw her. I covered this topic on Day 1 of the challenge (Think like a Queen to Get Your King)
- Esther went through beauty treatments for a whole year before she was eligible to be brought before the king.
Can you imagine being in the palace knowing that the king is looking for a queen, but you have to wait a whole year, minimum, before you meet him? If you want a relationship, think to yourself, are you really ready? Are there some skeletons in your closet that you need to get out? Or perhaps you need to address some neediness or jealousy type issues? (Click my blog here on relationship baggage) Just like Esther had to go through the beauty treatments to prepare herself for the king, there are some preparations you may need to go through before you meet your king as well.
- Esther knew how to get her way.
Esther went before the king uninvited; thankfully her head did not get chopped off! But she did not start making demands on the king right away to save her people. Instead she FED him! That’s right! She gave him a table full of food two nights in a row before asking for something. She did not begin screaming, nagging, and throwing temper tantrums. Women fail to realize that you can be nice to get your way and do not have to nag a man to death.
Women of the Bible ~ The Samaritan Woman
Read John 4:9 if you want to know about her. You can also read my blog here to read more about her. As you read, there are some things you want to consider:
When Jesus came to the well Jesus asked the Samaritan woman to get him something to drink from the well. The woman replied:
“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?”
Now here comes the kicker.
“He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.’ ‘I have no husband,’ she replied.
“Jesus said to her, ‘You are right when you say you have no husband. The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband.’”
Here we have a Samaritan woman at the well by herself. She was more than likely by herself because other women did not want to be around her. Let’s be real this woman has had FIVE husbands AND the man she was living with now she was not married to. Imagine what people must have been saying about her. I wonder why on Earth she would be with yet another man that she is not married to after FIVE failed marriages. Either she is needy, has low self-esteem, looking for a love that man cannot fill, or a combination of all three.
The Samaritan woman is so many women today. How many women go from man to man trying to fill a void that they just can’t put their finger on? And since they cannot put their finger on it, they try getting a man to fill that void. The main lesson to take away from the Samaritan woman is that when she found Jesus, she felt full. She no longer felt the need to fill herself up with men who just wanted to use her.
Women of the Bible ~ Ruth
Ruth was full of pain. After her first husband died she followed her mother and law, Naomi, back to her homeland. There she would
begin to work hard in the field. I am sure she looked like a hot mess while doing it. But even under these circumstances she was noticed by Boaz, the owner of the field.
One would ask, what made Ruth go to that particular field to glean? If she had went to any other field to work, it is possible she may not have found herself a new husband. She was a foreigner after all. I am sure most men would not have given her a second look for this reason alone. But Boaz did. It was through his marriage to Ruth that her life was restored.
The main take away from the book of Ruth is that
Just go about doing what you have to do, without feeling sorry for yourself. God may just be leading you down a hard path so you can find your Boaz. (Check out my blog here on the Real Boaz Versus the Counterfeit).
The last two Bible verses are not of women but rather verses to mediate on:
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Proverbs 31:10
Diamonds are great but rubies are actually harder to find. The thing about being a daughter of God means you are a princess. Some people have forgotten their royal position and choose to live a life of a homeless person, compared to the royal life God wants to give them
And know without a shadow of a doubt that God will give you the man you deserve.
Ephesians 5: 22-27
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to
himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
Whenever you consider marrying someone always have this verse in mine. They must love you wife like they love their flesh. Be willing to take the hard road with you. Be willing to share in the consequences and responsibilities. And Be willing to give up his life for you just as Christ gave his life for the Church. As for women, do not get intimidated by the word “submission.” Click here to read my blog on what it really means so submit.
There are so many women of the Bible that teaches us single woman valuable lesions. Which is your favorite.
Also Feel Free To Check Out My Video below on where is my Boaz.
Check out the Other Single Woman’s Challenge for the Month
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman