Join Sophie-stication Nation
There are so many things that I would love to say to my future husband. But before I get into what they are, as a reminder this is day 2 of the 30 day single Christian woman’s challenges inspired by this post on the Barn Princess Blog. Today’s challenge is as follows:
Day 2: The Most Important Things
Write down the 3 most important things to you in a future husband. What is most important to you? Is it his looks? Is it his faith? Do you want him to family oriented? Do you want to him to make a lot of money? What are the 3 most important things that you are looking for in a husband? Limit it to just 3. You might have a longer list, but think about what is most important.
I will be honest and say that thing things I would say to my future husband has changed over time. If you would have asked me this question in my early 20’s, the list would have been very superficial and pointless. Nothing of value and nothing that makes up a real relationship. Here are some examples.
- Must be over 6 feet tall
- Must be very attractive.
- There must be sexual chemistry.
But as I got older and dated men like this I realized there needs to be more to my future husband than something that is so shallow. None of these things help me with the bills or provide a good role model to my son. So as I have matured I have learned how to pray for my future husband (see blog here) and what to ask for in my future husband.
So if I had to say anything to my future husband, these following things are things he must have.
Must be Financially Stable.
Call it gold digging, call it materialistic, call it whatever you want. I call it being a grown man that is preparing for a family. As a single mother there have been many times I have been stretched to my financial limit. So as the only saying goes. I can do bad all by myself. I do not need another person’s financial hardship to add on to what I already have. I have already been taking care of me and my son, I do not need a third child.
Financial stability does not just mean that he must come with a lot of money. A drug dealer or mafia boss can come with a lot of money. It is beyond that. It means that he has a career, is going in a positive direction in his career, has long terms goals, a retirement plan, and life insurance; just to name a few. I want a man that is responsible with his money, this way I know that he will plan for our family. The last thing I want is a man running out getting the latest pair of shoes or luxury car, leaving his family broke and without food for the month. No thank you. Which is why financial stability tops my list.
He must be a Christian
I am a Christian I have a personal relationship with God and I want a husband that is going to understand that. I feel that when your husband is acting crazy, you may not be able to change him….but God can. When you go to God to pray about your husband, the only way the prayer is going to work is that if your husband actually believes in God. Plus I feel like a true Christian man should know how to treat a wife (Click here to read my blog on that). There are Biblical principles that tell a man not to cheat on his wife, not to lust after another woman, and to put his wife before all else. That is what I want, and further more I want a man that is going to understand that me talking to God does not mean that I am crazy. In fact I want him to be able to talk to God with me.
Must love my child as his own.
I am a single mother. I feel strongly about single mothers not kicking their kids to the curb for a man (Click my blog here to read more on that topic). My son’s father is not in his life. So any man that wants to love me, needs to love my child. There is no way that my child is going to be treated like a step child in his own home. There is no compromising on this. If a man does not love my child, then he does not love me, because my child is a part of me.
Now I know that there are only supposed to be three but I have to add one more:
I must be attracted to him and have sexual chemistry.
I know what you going to say. You thought I moved passed the vanity. Well I have in so many ways. But I would be I want to be attracted to my future husband. I want to like what he looks like and I want to be happy to fulfill my wifely duties in the bedroom, if you know what I mean. The main difference between then and now is that I know that sex and attraction is not the only thing to look for in a man. I understand that he can be attractive but still not be a right fit for me. So instead of looking for attraction first. I look go other characteristics of a husband, and then the attraction and sex is just an added bonus.
As a single woman who wants to get married, I want you to do this challenge. You see my notes to my future husband and so I want each single woman to really come up with with you need in your future husband. Learn your deal breakers (click to read my blog on deal breakers) and also learn what you need in a husband. If you are lost, you should ask God to gear you thoughts toward the type of man he wants you to have.
Check out the Other Single Woman’s Challenge for the Month
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Act Like A Queen To Get Your King. A Lesson From Queen Esther.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
Get Rich Or Die Trying. I Would Rather Dream Big and Fail, Then Not try at all?
The Key To A Break Up Is For It Not To Break You But Enhance You. How To Get Back In The Game After A Break Up.
How To Sound Smart. Six Ways To Hold An Intelligent Conversation
My Son Is the Future Inventor of The Iron Man Suit. A lesson In Believing and How The Impossible Can Be Made Possible.
Is America Headed For A Race War? Or Can the “Greatest Country in the World” Learn To Co-Exist.