Today is Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 20. To see the whole month click here.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 20: “Me” Night
Date yourself. Take yourself out for the night, or even stay in for the night. Go out to dinner and see a movie or stay in, order pizza, wear your most comfortable pajamas and watch your favorite movie. It’s your night. Do what you want to do.
When it comes to having me time I am famous for this. It may sound rather anti-social of me but I would rather spend time alone then with other people. I was not always like this though. I can recall in the past, I would leave my house around 11 a.m dressed for any occasion. I would not come back to my house until 3 a.m the next day. I would literally leave my house go from place to place and hang out. Sometimes I would end up at the club, sometimes at a party; I would just keep going because I did not want to be alone. I come to learn that the real reason I did not want to be alone is because I would be force to face all of the craziness I was doing in the time. When I was with other people, my mind was always occupied. But when you are alone you have no choice but to think. And for some people, that can be dangerous. Some people hate being alone because when you are alone with your thoughts that is when you have to face all the real junk that you are doing in your life.
When I spend time alone I really got to know myself and what made me happy. I also got perspective on things in life so that I stopped a lot the nonsense I was doing.
So let me walk you through a typical “me “time day.
When I get up in the morning there are a few options that I enjoy doing alone. Making healthy breakfast or smoothie. I am far away from eating healthy but I like to pretend I eat healthy and I often do so with breakfast.
Watch a Christian Broadcast network
All of my favorite shows like Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen come on in the morning. I can also choose to YouTube them in case they are not on when I get up. It is a wonderful way to start your day off right and be inspired.
If I am really treating myself and want to spend time alone then I will actually go to a restaurant and get a table for one, sit alone, and enjoy my lunch. More often than not I enjoy a cocktail was well.
Next I will go to the movies. The movies are one of the easiest things that you can do alone. You are sitting in the dark watching a screen, so for me, I do not feel as awkward being alone in the movies because I am too busy watching the movie to care what anyone is doing. You can even catch two movies in one afternoon if you have time.
Other notable thing I may do is shop, walk around the mall, or go to the book store and just chill out.
After all of this I am typically tired which means that I will choose to eat dinner in the house as oppose to going out to eat again. I first like to relax with a hot shower or bath and I will beautiful myself up a bit. That means putting on a face mask, painting my nails, giving myself a pedicure. Typically when I am taking a bath I take time to talk to myself and God. I do not know why but the bath seems like a perfect time to do that.
Afterward I will hold a movie night in my house with some snacks or I may order out. Maybe even some popcorn with a glass of wine. I typically like to go for inspirational movies for movies night. Places to find these type of movies are the Hallmark Channel, the religious networks, or if all else false Netflix. Nine times out of ten I fall asleep while watching my 3rd or 4th movie. And that pretty much wraps up my day. It is pretty relaxing because no one is bothering you, you get to sit and peace and quiet and decide what you want to do with your time.
Learning to spend time with yourself and being happy is important. You are stuck with yourself for the rest of your life. And it beats sitting around all day, all lonely, wondering why you are still single. Mine as well enjoy life now.
In Case you missed it:
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True