Join Sophie-stication Nation
Becoming The Woman I Wanted To Be
Today is Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 16. To view the whole month click here.
Today’s challenge is:
Day 16: The Woman I Want to Be
We have already written about 3 things we want to find in husband (click here to see mine). Today’s assignment is to write down the qualities of the wife/person that you want to be an
d the steps that you can take to become that type of person.
Diane von Furstenberg has a quote about this topic.
“I did not know what I wanted to do, but I know the type of woman I wanted to be.”
I can see myself in this quote. I have an idea of what I want to do and how I want to use my talents, but more importantly I know how I want to get there and the type of person that I want to be in order to get there.
I am a woman, and I have encountered so many insecure conniving back stabbing women in my life time. Some women feel the only way to build themselves up is to put other people down. And sometimes you are the target of their insecurities. Supervisors, friends, or co-workers, you name it. One thing that I always knew is I never wanted to be that type of woman.
You will respect me because I have shown myself to be a person of good character. One that does not lie on people or stab people in the back. I want to be the woman that once I reach the top I can hold my head high because I did it with integrity.
The world may seem big, but it is so small. This means that your reputation may proceed you. I cannot tell you how many people that I had not even meant yet, but heard about how nasty of a person they were. I can recall that I worked for a supervisor a few years back and she was absolutely terrible. I mean the worse, I hated coming to work. I have a friend that I told about all of my work place horrors. And as luck would have it she came in contact with my old boss just a few days ago (years later mind you). And although she had NEVER met the lady before she recognized her because of the way she acted.
The moral to this story is that your reputation can proceed you. You never know who you may bump into that may be a friend of a friend of someone you were once a jerk to. And even if it was an isolated incident, you will always be known at the crazy woman who does not know how to treat people.
I do not want to be that woman. You can hate me, but you will never have anything to say bad about me. I want to be a woman who is honest, hardworking, inspiring, encouraging, wise, and intelligent. I do not want to be that insecure woman that pushes every one down in order to build herself up.
As a wife, I want to be a woman who is a source of support for her husband. Not one that is nagging and one that her husband does not want to be around. I want to be a wife who is value for her intellect and not one that feels she has to shrink down because her husband is intimidated by what she knows.
Knowing the type of woman or wife that you want to be will help guide your future. This way you do not fall into the trap of pursing a husband or a life that will make you into someone you do not want to be. If anything, read Proverb 31 (also read my blog here). It gives us all guidance on the type of woman we want to be. This woman embodies a woman that is everything. One who is strong, kind, and wise, That is the type of woman I want to be. And that is the type of woman I work hard to become.
In case you missed it:
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
5 Ways To Tell That He Is Just Not Into You
Discovering the Purpose Of Lent And How It Can Help You In Your Spiritual Journey.
Resume Writing 101. For Those Who Want to Get a Better Job and For Who Want To Enter Into The World of Professionals
Ombre Jumbo Braid Tutorial Using Kanekalon Hair
Instead Soft Cups Review