It may sound cliche but if you can dream it you can achieve it. That is why I will talk about how you MUST follow your dreams. But before we get into that, let’s get into today’s challenge.
Today is Day 6 of the Single Christian woman’s challenge. Click here to view all of the days.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 6: Dream big
Spend the day dreaming. What would you do if money were no object? What do you think that the Lord is calling you to do? Write a mission statement for your life. Create a vision board or prayer wall. Make a bucket list. You can focus on just the current season or you can make a list of all the things that you want to do throughout your life.
Think big dream big and follow your dreams. If anyone knows me that is my personal motto. I love to dream. Dreaming motivates you. For myself, I love to set my goals so high that it is almost impossible to reach them. And when I do reach them, I remember all the hard work it took to accomplish my goals. You can see two example of my vision board (here for 2016) and (here for 2017)
When you think about how to follow your dreams, you MUST dream freely without limits.
For those who do not know I have a master’s in marriage and family therapy and am finishing up my PhD in human behavior. I would love to say that I am just getting this education for fun, but that is not really it. I am getting this education because I want to work for myself one day. Because one day I dreamed and asked myself what would I do if money was no object. What would my goal be? I came up with that I want to write, I want to speak and encourage woman, I want to reach people who are lost, and I want people feel beautiful from the inside and out.
And from that one dream came the multiple degrees so that I could master my craft. From that dream came a National Certified Counselor certification, came this blog, and came my YouTube Channel. But for me, what is happening now is just the beginning, I cannot even tell you all the dreams I have in my head because you may think that I am reaching too high and these things are never going to happen.
And that thinking is where most people go wrong. They place barriers on their dreams and tell themselves that they cannot or will not be able to achieve something. A great book to read on this is the Alchemist (read my book review here).
I am going to give you the best advice that you have ever heard as it relates to your dreams.
You should never place limits on yourself and think that your dreams are never going to happen, because they can AND they will happen, if you work hard enough (see my blog here). What is the danger of dreaming big? What is the danger of closing your eyes and imagining the best life that you can imagine? What is the danger of going after that life? The fact of the matter is that most people do not dream big because they are afraid. And they allow their fear to paralyze them, which leads them to not acting on their dream and being scared to dream (see my blog here).
I want everyone to dream big AND ask God to help you achieve those goals. You want to dream so big that it almost seems impossible. That way when God does get you there, you can see the power and the glory of God, because you know you could not have done it yourself. And know that more than anything that God puts those dreams in your heart. He made you and He knows what is good for you and what life He wants you to have. It is not God’s will to give you a dream, dangle it in front of your face, and make it impossible to achieve the dream. God is looking for someone who wants to go there, and dream big with Him. And God wants to be the one to help you make your dreams come true.
So do not be afraid to dream, if you do not dream then you will remain where you are. Stuck, wishing and hoping that you had the courage to do and be something better. And years from now you will wonder why you never had the courage to step out and pursue your dream. Do not put any limits on yourself. Dream big.
Check out the Other Single Woman’s Challenge for the Month
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman