Today is the Christian Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. To see the full month click here.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 19: Be daring.
Do something daring with today’s look and spend the whole day thinking positively. Get outside your comfort zone. Do something you wouldn’t normally do. Try something new.
Being daring can come in all forms. I encourage you to change your view on what dating is. As oppose to looking at being daring in the form of jumping off of a bridge or sky diving…. Look beyond that. Try to stretch yourself and your imagination to the limits and really think about what type of things you can achieve in your life.
Sometimes I think that we not let our minds really think about what we can achieve. Because it is too far “out there” or we are too afraid of success. I will give you a prime example. I have a master’s degree and am in the dissertation phase of my PhD, those who know me find it extremely strange that I want to blog. They simply do not get it. I have degrees and education; I can just stay in a box and do traditional job, with a 401k, and in 20 years I can settle into a retirement. They feel like that is what my education has set me up for. And they ask me “Why would you want to do something outside of the norm?”
I feel different. I feel that God puts a dream in every ones heart. Either you can dare to dream and believe that God can do the impossible or you can stay in a box. Sometimes dreaming and telling people your dream will cause them to not believe in you. And really believing that you can do the impossible may mean that people are going to laugh at you. To think positively about a situation that other people think is impossible, is not only daring but it is the true meaning of faith.
If you want to look at this challenge and do something daring. To you that may mean skinny dipping or mooning someone from the back seat of your car. But I dare you to do something bigger. I dare you to go into the deepest corners of your heart and dare to believe that something impossible can come true. I dare you to believe with all of your soul and your might that your dream can come true.
“if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20
It pays to have a positive outlook on ourselves, our lives, and what we can do. It pays dare yourself on a daily basis that you can achieve wonderful and great things or that you can stretch yourself to the limit.
- If you are depressed. Dare yourself to be happy. And when any thoughts of depression come your way push them aside and think only positive and happy thoughts.
- If you get anxiety, dare yourself to be a conqueror. Know that you can overcome it. Believe it and have no doubt in your mind.
- If you are struggling financially. Dare yourself to do something about it. Believe that it is not meant for you to be poor and struggling all of your life.
Not only dare yourself but also believe it. Believing that something is impossible is called faith. And faith without works is dead. So if you only believe it, but you do not dare yourself to achieve it, then you will not go anywhere.
In Case You Missed It.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others