Today is Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 28. Click here to see all the days.
Today’s Challenge is:
Day 28: Pamper You
Light candles, turn on relaxing music, & take a bubble bath. Pamper yourself for the night.
Before you take care of others you have to take care of yourself. As a single mother that use to pamper herself all the time, spending massive amounts of money to it, I now understand that not everyone has the budget or the time go out and get expensive beauty treatments. But have no fear, you can do beauty treatment from the comfort of your own home.
I recently discovered Keranique shampoo and conditioner by accident. I was going through my mother’s hair products because I needed something to wash my hair and came across this set. And let me tell you! The first reason why I love Keranique so much is because I had an itchy scalp. I am not sure what they put in this shampoo or conditioner set, but my scalped love it. You know the feeling that you get when you put a cough drop in your mouth. This is the way my scalp felt with this shampoo and conditioner.
Aside from making your scalp feel good. Keranique shampoo has the following benefits:
- Retains shine
- Strengthen’s & thickens hair
- Provides combability, detangling & smoothing without weighing the hair down
- Removes build-up
- Promotes microcirculation
- Protects against cuticle damage
- Healthy way of keeping hair fuller and thicker looking
And the conditioner has the following benefits:
- Conditions and volumizes fine hair
- Improves manageability, combability, detangling
- Conditions without weighing the hair down
- No heavy, waxy feeling on the hair or scalp
- Adds body and volume to the hair
- Improves hair strength and provides anti-breakage protection
If you really want to pamper your hair you cannot stop with a simple shampoo and conditioner. You must deep condition. My hair is natural and my hair can get really dry which is why deep conditioner is essential, especially since I wear alot of fake hair. I am a big fan on Dominican Hair products. If you have never been to a Dominican Salon I recommend you go. They really make your hair look great and make it healthy. That is why for deep conditioner I recommend using this Silicon Mix deep conditioner, which is a Dominican based product. It restores the health of you hair. For a proper deep condition, after shampooing and conditioning, apply a generous amount of deep conditioner. Apply a plastic cap over your head and sit underneath the dryer for 15-20 minutes. The dryer that I really love is Laila Ali Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer. This is because this dryer is portable and it is easy to travel with. It is also easy to sit down in front of the TV to dry your head and the heat will get to your hair faster since the bonnet goes over your entire head as oppose to traditional hooded dryers. With hooded dryers you have to find a table to sit it all, which is just way to much work. This bonnet dryer prevents all of that.
I have acne prone skin so I am a fan of anything that helps clear my acne. I am a fan of Clean and Clear products. For a full acne treatment try using Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit which has both Benzoyl peroxide and Salicylic acid, which are both useful tools in treating acne.
For a face mask you can use the Freeman facial Charcoal & black sugar mask. Charcoal helps absorbs impurities out of the skin and sugar is used an an exfoliate.
If you have dark marks on your skin (I know I do) that you want to fade. I recommend using Ambi fade cream. I have used this stuff for as long as I can remember and it really helped fade some pretty dark marks on my skin.
After paying so much attention to your face, you do not want to neglect the rest of your body. Which is why I recommend good of fashion Coco Butter to moisturize the rest of your body.
Hand and Feet
For you hands and your feet try All In One Manicure Pedicure Salon Spa Nail Care Kit. Key things you want to focus on in getting rid of any rough areas on your hands and your feet. Also, I have a family secret that is very simple that can get rid of the rough spots in your feet. You can use it for your hands as well. You can watch my video to see how:
For waxing you can use the Sally Hansen Lavendar Spa Wax Hair Removal Kit for Body Legs Arms and Bikini for pretty much anywhere on your body. Once you waxed one body part you pretty much waxed them all. Click below to see how I wax my underarms, and this process pretty much applies to any area you want to wax.
Other notable items that I used for waxing are Hair Off Instant Eyebrow Shapers Cold Wax Strips. These are a dummy proof way to wax your eyebrows. It comes with a lot of strips ( so it will last a long time). You apply a strip on the top of your eyebrow and one strip at the bottom. The strips are pre-cut to already mimic an arch so all you literally have to do is just line it up on your eyebrow and rip it off. And then you are left with an arched eyebrow. Not too much guess work goes into it. If you are confused about how to do your eyebrows or want other methods, you can click my blog here for all you need to know about eyebrows.
Once you have done all of this I think you are pretty much pampered up. You can click here to see my at home spa day:
In case you missed it.
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat