Today Is Day 22 of the Single Christian Woman’s challenge. To see the whole month click here.
Day 22: A new look
Do you have a date your excited about? Or maybe your just tired of the same old outfits? Give yourself a makeover day. Buy a new outfit. Maybe get your hair done and look for a new look to do with your makeup.
I am not against make up or weave at all. I think that this is the beauty of being a woman. The fact that you can buy products that make you look and feel good is a wonderful concept to me. Some people choose to take it farther than others as far as make up is concerned, but whatever floats your boat is what you should use. So here are my tips on how I like to get a “new look” in an affordable way.
Gone are the days that you actually have to dye your own hair. You can just buy hair and attach it to your head to diversify your look. I like ombre hair since my hair is dark at the root. I want weave to be dark at the root and then fade to a lighter color because it gives the appearance of it being more natural. If you like this three tone ombre bond hair I have on in the picture, click here to check it out. If you are new to the whole weave thing, click here for a quick guide to weaves.
There are tons and tons of videos on YouTube of makeup tutorials. If you are lost in the sauce about make up then I suggest watching Youtube videos because it will give you a great starting point. Granted some of the makeup videos are crazy advanced and are in warp speed. But search tutorials for beginners and it will give you a good idea on where to start. I personally like make up that is more natural and do not feel the need to contour and re-shape my whole face. But to each its own. Check out some of my starter make up recommendations below.
- BLUETTEK 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette – Has great affordable palettes in various colors. Not only is it affordable but it has a lot of colors, so if you do not wear makeup every day, this palette can take you very far.
- UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube- You can get away with cheap eye shadow, but the secret to really making your eye color POP is the primer. Place primer on your eye lid before you put on you
r eye shadow and it will make your shadow last longer and give it a more vibrant color.
- Beauty blender Makeup Sponge – People swear by this sponge. It helps to blend in your foundation. Tips for using this sponge is too wet it a little, and use it to apply your foundation. This will give you a more flawless finish.
- Susenstone 20 piece Makeup Brush Set– People tend to splurge on makeup brushes. I have no problem buying cheap brushes. And if you are new to make up or do not wear makeup no need for you to spend $60 on one brush. Instead, try this affordable make up set.
- Milani Baked Bronzer Glow. Everyone can use a good bronzer. It always gives your face a fresh sun kissed glow. With baked bronzer you can also apply it with a wet brush or sponge to give it a more noticeable finish.
- NYX Cosmetics Collection Noir Liquid Liner– I love liquid liner. You can do so much more with liquid liner such as a cat eye or winged eyeliner. If you have no idea what I am taking about. Once again search Youtube, it will tell you all you need to know.
Eye Lashes and eyebrows.
I have short eyelashes. I do not put on fake eye lashes every day of my life. That is just way too much work. But I do put them on when I want to go somewhere and they can look very natural. Once agai
n there are lashes that are super affordable and you can check out YouTube videos to learn how to put them on.
As for eyebrows, I have a post dedicated to eyebrows (click here to see it). That is how important it is, never underestimate the power of a good eyebrow. I recommend the Aesthetica Cosmetics Brow Contour Kit if you do your own brows:
I am not the type to go all out on spending money when it comes to fashion. I cannot see myself spending hundreds of dollars on some jeans. But I do like to shop and I do like a bargain shop. Great places to catch affordable fashion is the thrift store (click here for my post on how to look good on a budget). Also great places to get shoes are JustFab. Typically they are under $40 and they have wonderful and unique styles.
In Case You Missed It
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online