Join Sophie-stication Nation
The point if fake hair is that you want it to look as realistic as possible. I do not think anyone wants to walk around with bad quality hair. When I went into the beauty supply store the other week. I was looking for a quality human hair wig with a bang. Shortly after arriving into the store, I saw the exact hair that I wanted. That was until the store clerk told me the wig was going to be $415.
I knew I was not going to spend that much on the wig. So, I took a feel of the wig, observed it a little bit, and then I told her she could place the wig back on the shelf. I was convinced that I could make a similar wig that was not going to cost me $415. I went around the store and to find the hair I wanted to use. Maybe I just have expensive taste because I came into some hair that I was thinking about making the wig with, until I looked at the cost of that hair. It was $179 per bundle and I needed two bundles to make my wig. I am not a baller, I am one budget. And despite the store clerk trying to convince me to by that hair, I settle on more affordable hair that has a very similar feel to the expensive hair.
What You will Need To Make the Wig
- I ended up buying the Outre Gem Human Hair (click here to buy) for around $48 dollars per pack. I bought two packs 16 inches in length and in the color 1 because I wanted it to be very dark.
- For the closure I bought the Shake N Go Milky Way Crown closure (click here to buy). It is one of the cheaper closure since it is not a lace closure and is not parted. But this closure works perfectly if you want to make a wig with a bang.
Other items that were needed to complete this look was
- The Qfit make your own wig dome cap (click here to buy). A lot of people use a regular dome cap for wig making, but I love this dome cap because it is specifically for making wigs. It has markings on it that helps with placement of the hair and it fits me better than a dome cap.
- A glue gun (click here to buy). You can always sew your wig, BUT they take up way too much time. I can cut my time in half by using a glue gun and it looks the same to me as sewing.
- A mannequin head (click here to buy). Since most mannequin heads are smaller than your actual head. I recommend using padding to add size to the mannequin head. That way matches your own head size. If you make your wig on the mannequin head, and the mannequin head is too small. Then your wig may be too small or it may not fit right.
I would love to sit and try to describe to you how I made this wig, but I can show you better than I can write it to you. Check out the video below on how I made an affordable wig, with china bangs, using the products I just described. It is so easy that anyone can do it.
For Every Reaction, There is an Equal & Opposite Reaction. Hard Work Will Pay Off If You Do Not Give Up .
6 Ways That Will Help You Fund Your College Education
Don’t Get Into Competition With Another Woman Over A Man. Learn To Bow Out Gracefully and Get On With Your Life
What I Don’t Want In a Man Are These Common Bad Boy Traits
Why You Should Never Settle for Less in Relationships