Making your own wig with bangs it not hard. It is actually pretty easy. But before I get into this tutorial I have to tell you how I came up with this wig idea. I was at the beauty supply store looking for a quality human hair wig with bangs. Shortly after arriving into the store, I saw the exact hair that I wanted. That was until the store clerk told me the wig was going to be $415 that I knew I was not trying to buy that wig.
So, I took a feel of the wig, observed it a little bit, and then I told her she could place the wig back on the shelf. I was convinced that I could make a similar wig that was not going to cost me $415. I am not a baller, I am on budget. Despite the store clerk trying to convince me to buy that hair, I decided to find a way to make the hair on my own.
What You will Need To Make Your Own Wig With Bangs
- I ended up buying the Outre Gem Human Hair (click here to buy) for around $48 dollars per pack. I bought two packs 16 inches in length and in the color 1 because I wanted it to be very dark.
- For the closure I bought the Shake N Go Milky Way Crown closure (click here to buy). It is one of the cheaper closure since it is not a lace closure and is not parted. But this closure works perfectly if you want to make a wig with a bang. You can also check out my blog here to learn more about hair closures.
Other items that were needed to complete this look was
- The Qfit make your own wig dome cap (click here to buy). A lot of people use a regular dome cap for wig making, but I love this dome cap because it is specifically for making wigs. It has markings on it that helps with placement of the hair and it fits me better than a dome cap.
- A glue gun (click here to buy). You can always sew your wig, BUT they take up way too much time. I can cut my time in half by using a glue gun and it looks the same to me as sewing.
- A mannequin head (click here to buy). Since most mannequin heads are smaller than your actual head. I recommend using padding to add size to the mannequin head. That way matches your own head size. If you make your wig on the mannequin head, and the mannequin head is too small. Then your wig may be too small or it may not fit right.
Check out the video below so you can see my full