Join Sophie-stication Nation
5 Online Dating Tips So That You Can Be Successful In Online Dating
Today is day 11 of the Single Christian Woman’s Challenge. To see days for the whole month click here.
Today’s Challenge is
Day 11: Date Online
Sign up for an online dating service like EHarmony or Christian Mingle. If you are already a member, update your profile and your pictures.
I have dated online several times. Unfortunately, for myself online dating is not a process that I would personally like to repeat. But fortunately for you through my experiences, I have online dating tips that can make you successful. I have had some bad online dates that have cause me to learn from my mistakes and I have had some really good online dates. And in this day in age, many people find long term meaningful relationships online. It is not some taboo thing, where people think you are weird if you try online dating.
Aside from the online dating tips I am about to give you, online dating is like shopping. You can scroll through the profiles and reach out to the men that you think is the best fit and ignore those who aren’t. Online dating is a plus for busy people and single moms (click my blog here) because you can do it from the comfort of your on home. Which is why if you wish to date online there are steps that you can take to ensure your success and decrease the likelihood that you will end up on an episode of Catfish.
So Here Are My 5 Online Dating Tips So That You Can Be Successful In Online Dating
Fill Out Your Profile.
If you have no information about yourself or no pictures then you will not meet anyone. No one is going to message someone that they do not know anything about or know what they look like. That is one of the benefits of online dating. Do not get worried about people seeing your picture or knowing what you look like because they are on the website for the same reason you are. The more you put about yourself the more likely it is to attract what you do want versus what you don’t want.
Here are some general ideas on things to include in your online profile.
- What you like.
- What you are looking for.
- Your Hobbies
- If you have kids (be truthful) and if you want any more kids.
- Be yourself and do not pretend to be the person you think someone wants. (see my blog here for more on this topic).
Give an updated picture.
Do not put a picture up of someone else or a picture up from 15 years ago. Your picture needs to be recent, within the last 6 months. If you meet someone online chances are you are going to meet in person anyway. So they are going to notice that you do not look like the picture you put up. And this will ruin any chance that you could have had. You want to find someone that is interested in YOU and what YOU look like now. So do yourself a favor, put up a GOOD picture of yourself (click here for my tips on how to take a good selfie).
With online dating some people want to hurry up and meet in person. The danger of this is you could be meeting an insane psycho path. It is okay to use the chat feature in online dating and to chat back in forth. This is your time to find out the important information you want to know about the other person. This way you can determine if they are even worth any more of your time. Some questions that you may want to know are:
- Do you have a job? What do they do? Ask specific questions to ensure they are not lying.
- Do you have children? Or a wife that you are hiding away somewhere?
- Why are you dating online? Are you looking for sex or something serious?
Don’t Get Cat fished
I never understand how people get cat fished. Use common sense. Talk to them on the phone, FaceTime with them, Skype, and ask them to send you picture of themselves that are not already online. This way you can ensure that you are talking to the person they say they are. If someone avoids doing these things, then they are probably not who they say they are.
5. Pick sites that geared toward what you want to find.
If you are a Christian and want to find a Christian man, try Christian mingle. If you are black and want to find someone who is black, try Black People Meet. If you are over 50 then try a site that is geared toward people over 50. This will give you a chance to meet people with similar interest and increase the likelihood of you meeting someone that you feel is best for you.
In case you missed it:
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
Why Am I Single! A Statement And Not A Question.
Set Yourself Free and Change Your Thinking. How Your Fear May Be Holding you Back
Does It Look Like I Care If You Don’t Like Me? 5 Ways To Get Over People Talking Behind Your Back.
Marriage Is Hard Work! Reasons Why Marriages Fail and What You Can Do About It
The Art of Creating a Vision Board And Vision Board Ideas