How To Take The Perfect Selfie
This is day 4 of the Christian Single Woman’s Challenge. An idea that I got from a blog called the Barn Princess, click here for more information.
Today’s challenge is:
Day 4: Glamorous You
Get all glammed up and take a bangin’ selfie. Put on your favorite outfit. Fix your hair nice and do your makeup. Then start snapping pictures. Choose your favorite one and make it your profile pic on your social media networks.
I am in my 30’s but I love taking selfies. There is no shame in my game what so ever. If you read my blog then you should know that I think that you should always try to look your best because you never know who may see you (check out my blog on it pays to look good). My selfies may not be perfect but I have been known to take a good selfie or two. And as long as you have a camera phone, I promise you, you can learn to take a good selfie to.
So here are my 5 tips on how to take the perfect selfie.
Tip 1: Lighting
Lighting is important. So important that they have now invented selfie lights to go on your phone. The wrong lighting can make you look unrecognizable and the right lighting can make your selfie look like a glamour shot. Some of the basic of selfie lighting is:
- Always have the light source facing toward the subject. Meaning that if you are trying to take a picture of your face, sit in front on a window to get natural lighting facing you. If you have no windows, sit in front of a bright lamp and make sure that the light in turned toward you. Remove the shade if you have to.
- Have the light source in back on the camera. If you are taking a selfie in front of a window, then you want the light from the window to be behind the camera. A camera is a light box and having the camera directly in front of the light source will add additional lighting to your picture.
Tip 2: Photoshop
Even celebrities photo shop. But now with the wonderful invention of apps you too can photo shop your picture from your phone. The app that I use is YouCam Perfect (its free!). You can contour your face, slim down your body and face, hide blemishes, AND they even had an add on app where you can apply makeup to your selfie. Just an FYI, you may get carried away with this app, but the whole point is to improve your picture so you can look like the best version of yourself. Do not photo shop your picture so much that you look like someone else. In the picture below the picture has Photoshop in. The main focus was to brighten the hair so that it looked more vibrant.
Tip 3: Angles
You have to play with angles to make the perfect selfie for your face. I like taking side selfies because I feel it is my best angle. I recommend taking a lot of selfies and playing with your angles and facial expressions. You do not have to post them, but this way you will see what angles and what facial expressions work for you. Some angles you want to prevent are:
- Tilting your head too far into the camera, because it will make your head look bigger.
- Putting the camera too far down and then looking into it. This can make you look bigger than you actually are and give you a double chin effect.
Tip 4: Do not make it look like a selfie
We all know you are taking a selfie, but you can get creative so that it does not look like you are talking a selfie. I have perfected putting my arm at an angle so that you cannot see it when I take the picture. I also do something with else with the rest of my body like look away from the camera, play with my hair, or do something with my clothes. This way it does not look like the typical selfie and give your pictures variation. You can also try a selfie stick if you want to be able to have more freedom posing.
Tip 5: Do you
With every selfie that you take, make it your own. Do not feel pressured to pose half naked or with your butt facing toward the camera. Do not feel pressured to do the stereotypical selfie poses. Make your own selfie signature pose and do not feel like you have to go with the crowd. I like to do weird things like play in the blinds.
Post contains affiliate links
Check out the Other Single Woman’s Challenge for the Month
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman