Join Sophie-stication Nation
Reasons Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
Today is Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23. Click here to see all the days in the month.
Today’s Challenge is.
Day 23: Lunch
Invite a friend to join you for lunch.
You can ask a friend to lunch but that is not really that spectacular. I am sure you ask your friends to lunch all the time. But would be pretty awesome is a lunch date. Not asking a man for a lunch date, because I do not believe in asking men to date you. But rather choosing a lunch date over a dinner date. Most people prefer dinner dates but I can tell you some REALLY good reasons on why having a lunch date is better. So let’s get into it, shall we?
5 Reasons Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
Deceases the likelihood that you are going to do something you will regret.
When you go a dinner date especially with a guy you like. You start to kissing, drinking, and before you know it you end up at his house, ready to spend the night, and possible sleep with him too soon. Which is one of the mistakes I listed on my blog post “mistakes you could be making on the first date.” After dinner it is really easy for the guy to invite you to an evening of Netflix and Chill, and then the next then you know you are chilling in his bed. Naked, and regretful. Lunch dates prevent all of that. While you may have one cocktail you are less likely to get drunk in the middle of the day. You are also less likely to go back to his house and get trapped into having sex with him too soon.
Gives you an excuse to leave.
I know I am not the only one that has experienced this, but when you go on a dinner date sometimes it can go on and go and you have a hard time ending it. It may be a situation where you are not feeling the guy or you may be tired. Either way you want the date to end and he keeps dragging it out, late into the evening and you cannot figure out a polite way to leave. Or it may be that you really do not like him at all and never want to see him again and you want to leave. Either way, with lunch dates, it is easier to leave. You can just tell him you have errands because it is still in the middle of the day. It is harder, when on a dinner date at 9pm to tell a man you have other obligations or something else to do. Most people do not run errands at 10pm at night.
It is a lot easier to find time to go for a lunch date over a dinner date. You can go during your lunch break at work, if you are a single mom; you can go while the kids are at school without worrying about a baby sitter. If you work in a city like me, going on a lunch date does not require much effort. It literally takes you 2 minutes to walk to a restaurant and you do not have to worry about gas or traffic.
If this is a first date or a blind date and you are not sure that you will be able to be around the guy for more than five minutes. A lunch date or even coffee date is perfect. There is no pressure to get dressed up for the evening or stay out all night. You can just meet the guy see if you like him and if you don’t then you leave because lunch dates are so much shorter than dinner ones.
When you go on dinner date to popular places then sometimes you can be left waiting for a while before you get seated. With lunch dates it is not like that. It is usually way less crowded, which means less time to get your food, AND often times they have a lunch menu with more affordable options.
In Case You Missed It
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
7 First Date Mistakes Keeping Your From A Second Date
Hair Closures 101. Everything You Need To Know About Hair Closures
February 2017 Beauty Subscription Unboxing And Review (Ipsy, BirchBox, And Onyx)
Worst Date Ever and What You can Learn From My Bad Date Stories
Say It Loud. I’m Single And I am Proud. Debunking Myths The World Gives You Why You Are Still Single.