Join Sophie-stication Nation
Today is The Single’s Woman’s Challenge Day 13.
Today’s Challenge is.
Day 13: SM Friends
Reach out to someone you only know through social media and invite them to hang out with you. Lunch. Dinner. See a movie. Whatever. Just reach out and let that SM friend know that you want to be real friends too.
You must be weary with reaching out to random people on social on media and asking them to hang out with you. You do not want to end up in the missing section portion of the news. What I do recommend is if you are anything like me, you have a bunch of old friends on your social media pages. You know them personally from high school, college, or where ever…..but the last time you spoke to them was 10 years ago.
So I propose an alternative. Instead of reaching out to some strange person that you do not know and going out with them, reach out to someone on your social media that you do know and play catch up. Most recently I reached out to a few friends from high school. One has three kids now and the last time I talked to her was at her wedding. It was nice to play catch up and make plans to see each other in the future. Another friend that I reached out to is in the process of getting a divorce, it was also nice to speak to her and offer words of encouragement.
Status updates do not tell the entire story, sometimes you need to reach and really see what is going on with people. I can recall a few years back in the days of Myspace an old high school friend reached out to me. A guy of course. MySpace was actually how we got back connected! He was in the Army and we even stayed in contact through Myspace while he was in Iraq. I received the last message I would ever receive from him while he was in Iraq through MySpace. Because he died there. I was sad, but also grateful that I had found him again and we had been in contact with each other for a few years before he died. Reaching out to old friends can be good because tomorrow is not promised to anyone.
The point is that reaching out to someone in social media can be a good thing. It can give you an opportunity to catch up with someone that you have not seen in a while. But there are some people you want to reach out to on social media BUT need to stay away from. For example, that ex that you know did you dirty in a relationship. He may fall under the “I do not need to reach out to him in social media pile.” Or the boyfriend that you are still attracted to but he now has a wife, that is someone you need not reach out to on social media either. Before reaching out to anyone you need to first determine if that person needs to be in your life in the first place. Some people are meant to be kept at a distance.
Now that you have gotten all of that out of the way you may be wondering how to reach out to someone in social media. And I am here to help give you some pointers.
Reach someone that wants to hear from you.
If someone has an active retraining order against you or told you they never ever wanted to see your face as long as they lived. It may be wise to choose not to reach out to that person. They more than likely do NOT want to hear from you and it will just open up old wounds if you do reach out to them.
Do not be so thirsty
Even if you really like someone or really want to talk to someone, do not be so thirsty in trying to reach out to them. Just keep the conversation light and casual. Do not tell them how much you missed them, you loved them, and have stalked their Facebook profile for the last 5 years to see what they were doing. That is scary. And if they did not have a retraining order on you before they may if you come across too strong.
Keep it Casual
If you want to reach out to someone keep it short and sweet. Say hello and a brief explanation to what you wanted. Skip writing the full length dissertation when you reach out to someone. No one wants to read a five page long essay if they have not heard from you in a while. Keep it light and let the conversation grow from there.
Don’t Take It Personal
If someone does not contact you back, then do not take it personal. There may be several reasons why they did not contact you back. Some reasons may have to do with you and some may not have to do with you. Whatever the reason, do not take it personal. You went this long without talking to the person, so I think you will be fine.
What Purpose Do They Serve
It is not that you are using people but you need to know what the reason is you are reaching out to someone and where this would go. It may be innocent and you just may want to reach out to see how someone is doing. But if you are reaching out to a married man, knowing that he still likes you then you should not reach out. Nothing good can come from that situation. So before you reach you. Question the purpose it would serve and where you see everything going if you were to reconnected with this person.
Here are some unique ways to reach out to someone on social media.
- Reach out to an old friend on your social media page.
- Reach out to someone that is going crazy on their social media page (we all have them) and offer them a words of encouragement.
- If you have someone that is just your social media friend but you never met them in real life. Then reach out to them and try to get to know them.
- Or just for kicks reach out to an old crush that is your social media friend. You know the one that you liked but they were never aware of it. You never know what may happen. But do not reach out if they are married.
In Case you missed it:
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1: Think like a Queen To Get Your King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 18: Ways and Reasons To Serve Others
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 19. Dare To Dream and Have the Faith To Make it Come True
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 20. The Joy of Spending Time Alone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 21: Get Social And Meet People Online
- Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 22. Ways To Spice Up Your Look.
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 23: Why A Lunch Date is Better Than a Dinner Date
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 24: Tips for Traveling On Your Own
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 25: How To Have A Grown And Sexy Girls Night In
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 26. Types of People To Surround Yourself With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 27. Make Memories Don’t Let Your Loneliness Be Your Defeat
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 28: Best Products To Pamper Yourself At Home With
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 29. Ways To Battle Loneliness As A Single Woman
6 Lessons You Can Learn From Dealing With a Bad Boss
How To Stop Comparing Yourself To Others
Freetress Evlyn Wig RE-Visited. Color Rose Pink and Burgundy
Being a Single Mom: How To Be Happy, But Not At The Expense of Your Children.
How to Become Internet Famous. Tips on Becoming a Blogger and YouTuber