Join Sophie-stication Nation
I am a huge fan of colored wigs. I am always on the lookout for them. So when I first saw this Bailey Wig from Mane Concept, I wanted it. Because of the OS1B/Ocean color. The wig has 1b at the roots, which I love because it makes it easier to blend with your natural hair. And it has a mix of purple, green, and blue into the rest of the wig.
Now if you are a reader of my blog or my YouTube channel then you know I love me some colored wigs. I know I already said that, but I just had to re-emphasize it. I love colored wigs that are unique but does not look like a Halloween costume. Which is what I felt this Bailey wig represented.
Pros Of the Bailey Wig
- The Color
- The 1b roots, making it easier to blend
- The Price (the wig is under $50). Buy it here.
Cons of the Bailey Wig
- I did not expect to find so many cons with this wig, but to get the wig the way I wanted it to look took a lot of effort.
- The shape: The way they cut this wig was not good. There was no real shape to the wig other than it had a whole bunch or curls going every which way with no type of style what so ever.
- It was big: Now I am all for big hair, but this was a little bit too much hair.
- The lace: Even though it is a lace front wig, there is no really parting space. You will have to choose to wear the wig bag or blend it with your edges. But you cannot really part it unless you want your part to be like ¼ of an inch; if that.
Customization of the Bailey Wig
The first thing that I did to this wig was cut it shorter. Because the way the wig was cut, it had an inconsistent length. It was not layered or anything. So I ended up cutting a lot of hair off the wig.
The second thing I did was trim the hair, as in trimming the inside of the hair to keep it from being so huge.
The third thing I did was try to tame it with some product. Even though this wig is synthetic, I put some product on it to weigh it down and tame the curls so that it was not so wild.
The fourth thing I did was blow dry it. The packaging on the wig did not say if it was heat safe, but I took a chance. I pulled the curls straight a bit and put a blow dryer to it, to loosen the curls; so that it did not look so synthetic. And it did not melt.
And that was it. You can check out my full video below to see my full wig review and transformation. You can also get the wig here.
Post contains Affiliate Link
What’s In My Ipsy Glam Bag. January 2017.
How To Prepare For An Interview. Guaranteed Ways To Get The Job.
Taming the Tongue And Learn How To Stop Being So Reckless With Your Mouth.
Tamar Daughter of David. A Lesson in Love and Lust. For All Single Women
Chasing Men Is a Sign Of A Desperate Woman. Make Him Chase You