Today is the Single Christian Woman’s Challenge Day 18. To see the whole month click here.
Today’s challenge is.
Day 18: Serve
Volunteer at your church or a non-profit in your area. Become a mentor. Lead a small group. Help feed the homeless. Become a Big Sister. Pray for your church leaders. Go on
a missions trip.
There are a lot of benefits to serving other people. I think the biggest benefit to serving other people is that it gives us perspective on our own lives. If you ever start to feel sorry for yourself, then go to a third world country and volunteer. If you think your life is bad, imagine how the people feel who have no clean water to drink. Because no matter how poor you are, in the US, you can always go to a sink and drink clean water and not have to worry about getting some flesh eating bacteria that kills you. Serving other people really puts things into perspective. So here are my tips on ways that you can serve other people.
Go On A Missions Trip
Many church offer them. If your church does not offer then, then many of the pastors on the Christian broadcasting network have mission trips you pay for and go on.
Give Money To A Cause
I understand that not all people can take time off and go across the world to a missions trips. But there are some great causes that you can donate to. And do not just give the bare minimum, really give to a cause. James Robison on Life Today has a cause in which you can donate to help build a well. For all budgets. However, do not just give the minimum, if you can afford to actually buy a whole well, then do it. It will give a whole village the opportunity to have clean water for the rest of their lives. Imagine how many lives you can save.
The Local Community Center
No matter if it is the Boys and Girls club or the local domestic violence shelter. Community centers are also looking for volunteers, to talk to the people there, or to service the homeless. You do not have to go far to help someone. Look toward community centers, local churches, or homeless shelters; I can guarantee you they are always looking for people to help.
Most people have heard of this organization but if you have not the basic premise of this organization is that they build housing for underprivileged people. The way that they are able to keep the cost affordable for the people that they build the homes for, is that they actually get volunteers to chip in and help build the house for a family.
I have mentored before a few times. Many of the schools offer this service. You can either be a mentor or sometimes even a tutor. It is a chance for you to make a different on a young person’s life that may not have the opportunity to have a positive role model in their lives.
If you call 211 from your local phone, then they will connect you to the local United Way. The United Way, provided people in need with various resources. They will be able to direct you to the local organizations in your area that may be in need of volunteers. So if all else fails, call then and they will get you pointed in the right direction. Red Cross is also a national organization that is everywhere and is always looking for people to help.
Serving is important, it gives us a chance to forget about yourself and think about the problems of the world for a change.
In case you missed it:
- Single Woman Challenge Day 1. Behaving Like A Queen Will Get You A King
- Single Woman Challenge Day 2. What I Want In My Future Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 3: What I Don’t Want In a Husband
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 4: 5 Tips To Taking a Better Selfie
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 5: Biblical Teachings For Single Women
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 6: Dream Big
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 7: A Single Woman’s Letter To God
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 8: Making Time For Your Kids As A Single Mom
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 9: Stepping Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 10: How To Have A Grown & Sexy Girls Night Out
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 11: 5 Tips For Successful Online Dating
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 12: Random Acts of Kindness
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 13: Reach Out To An Old Friend Through Social Media
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 14. How To Go On A Prayer Walk
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 15: How To Meet New People
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 16: The Woman I Want To Be
- Single Woman’s Challenge Day 17. Ways To Unplug and Enjoy Life