Join Sophie-stication Nation
If you plan to travel during the holidays you can really save yourself the hassle by knowing how to pack right. The last thing you want is for some TSA guard to be digging through your carry on dumping out all of your beauty products and personal items for all the world to see. Trust me that has happened to me before. I have had plenty of beauty products thrown away right in front of my face or poured in a zip lock bag to make sure it was not a threat to national security.
Here are some travel tips for you that will make your time in the TSA line as short and painless as possible.
I may not look old but I remember the days when you could check in one bag for free. But now you have to pay which is why more and more people have turned to using carry on language only.
My first tip is to consider a carry on over a check in bag.
The pros of this are:
- You can save money by not checking a bag.
- Your luggage cannot get lost if it is with you.
- When you get off the plan you do not have to wait for your bag to come though on the carousel.
- You have to be careful what you pack.
- Not packing right and having TSA go through your stuff can take longer.
- You may not be able to bring what you want in your bag due to TSA regulations.
So here is a rule of thumb of what you can and cannot pack.
“You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. Placing these items in the small bag separate from your carry-on baggage facilitates the screening process. Pack items larger than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters in checked baggage.”
Here are some generic beauty items that people like to have but ones that you can still pack in your carry on:
These brushes are affordable so if you lose them on your trip no big deal you can get more. They do not take up a lot of space and are the only brushes you need for your entire make up application.
Having an eye shadow and blush palette is better for travel and is better because it saves space and you will not have a lot of different eye shadows and blushes that you have to keep up with.
Since there is a cap on liquids and you want to be able to wipe your make up off and using wipes is a good alternative as oppose to bringing the liquid make up remover. You do not have to worry about it spilling in your bag or the TSA liquid requirements.
Foundation is not really considered to be a liquid but just in case I added this powder and foundation stick both are small and good for travel. That way you can leave your “good make up” at home for safe keeping and pack the smaller ones. That way if they break or you lose them on your trip no big deal.
You can wrap gifts and bring them through the line with you. But if you bought little Johnny a toy gun for Christmas then be prepared to be tackled to the ground by airport security. All boxes that go through the x-ray machine can be opened and searched.
An easy way around this that takes up less space is gift cards. Buy everyone in your family a gift card. This way you can take it through the check point or pack it in your purse or luggage and no pat town from TSA will be needed.
Other tips while traveling
- Always wear shoes that can be removed easily since you have to take them off through the check point line. It may seem like common sense but I have had my moments of wresting with shoes for 10 minutes, holding up the line, trying to take them on and off.
- Wear socks, when you take off your shoes you are stuck putting your foot on the bare nasty floor with all type of germs. You do not have to put your socks through the X-ray meaning that you can wear them through the line while you have your shoes off.
- If you choose to take a laptop on the plane you have to remove it from your bag. I forget this lesson once and when at the end of the check point, I had to remove my lap top put it through the x-ray and go back and wait in line for the second time.
- You can always buy empty travel size container and put your products into them to prevent buying new stuff.
For Every Reaction, There is an Equal & Opposite Reaction. Hard Work Will Pay Off If You Do Not Give Up .
Tip For Eating Healthy When Eating Out #wellnesswednesday
The Difference Between Dating and A Relationship and Why Its Important.
The “What if” Versus The “Oh Well” Girl.” Reasons to Stop Forcing a Relationship
How To Make A Wig For Beginners. (A Bob Wig and A Wig with Bangs)